Communications: Co-Chairs: Louise Johnson and Rosemary Anderson
Duties: 1) Create calling tree for members 2) Phone calling to members 3) send newsletters to members without e-mail 4) Plan and host one meeting per year
Courtesy: Joan Martin, Corresponding Secretary
1)Gather information about those who are ill, or those who have deaths in the family
2) Send out cards and rose bowls 3) Coordinate memorial donations.
Educational Excellence/ Professional Affairs / Early and Career Educators: Chair-- Kathy Flynn
Duties: 1) plan and host one meeting per year with a focus educational issues at district or state level 2) promote a liaison relationship with teachers in the district 3) Participate in New Teacher Orientation 4) Assign a liaison with the Board of Education 5) Assign a Legislative Liaison
“Connecting with Teachers” / Adopt A Classroom / Early Career Educators
Candis Schey, Jerri Modrall, Kathy Simon, Lorynda Sampson, Amy Hamblin, Lyndsey Cook
Adopt A Classroom: Lead--Kathy Flynn
Duties: 1) Work at the New Teacher Orientation Booth 2) Encourage the new teachers to sign up for the drawing and for the year-long commitment
to be the Adopt A Classroom. Choose a teacher in the first two years of their career as the recipient.
2) Meet the teacher chosen, communicate the nature of the program and its benefits, and make arrangements to visit the teacher's classroom.
3) Send a letter to the teacher's building principal along with a photo and Congratulate the teacher on their participation in the program.
4) Meet with the teacher to explore other ways Mu Chapter can help supply needs-- either supplies, time in the classroom, etc.
5) Invite the teacher to come and present at a meeting about their first year in SVVSD. Maintain Contact through out the school year.
New Teacher Orientation: NTO Chair: Susan Burnett
Duties: 1) Communicate with the office of Professional Development Director to arrange for a booth at New Teacher Orientation.
2) Coordinate the materials necessary to complete the task of setting up the booth, print off forms for information gathering, and update the
trifold information board for the table. Set up an attractive booth complete with candies for the taking.
3) Secure the gift certificates decided upon for the drawings.
Cheryl Barnett, Louise Johnson, Gail Ward and Kathy Flynn
Membership Chair: Cheryl Barnett
Duties: 1) Encourage all members to use the new membership plan and find educators interested in DKG.
2) Organize and participate in orientation sessions for prospective and new members.
3) Set up the initiation ceremony notifying all participating of time, date, and responsibilities.
4) Secure personal profiles from new members, collect their dues for the treasurer, and report the new initiate to the international organization and the state treasurer, maintaining records of these documents.
Susan Burnett, Martha Ramos, Kathy Flynn, Sandra Vazquez
Music: Chair: Gail Fray / Vivian Bray
Duties: 1) Work with committee members to include special music at each meeting 2) keep music books in order 3) plan and host one meeting per year.
Gail Fray, Vivian Bray, Viki Samson, Dean Vance, Anna Miller
Personal Growth and Services: Chair: Gail Ward
Duties: 1) Provide opportunities for personal growth for membership 2) connect with Safe shelter each year to get information on their needs, programs and fundraising 3) Plan and host one meeting per year
Kendra Axelson, Lynn Bissell, Sharon Hipsher, Cindy Koepsel-Kelley, Karen Meenen, Debby Shaffer-Meyer, Sharon Thorvaldsen
Scholarship and World Fellowship: Chair: Sandra Vasquez
Duties: 1) Publicize scholarship opportunity for women educators (with school district and in newspaper) 2) Collection and review of applications 3) Notification and presentation of Scholarship selections 4) Collections for World Fellowship 5) Link with DKG International for information on any WF scholars in Colorado 6) Make members aware of international scholarships and stipends 7) Plan and host one meeting per year
Linda Bartlett, Jane Haeker, Rhonda Tucker, Amy Shiers
Finance/Auditing: Chair: Kathy Flynn
Duties: 1) Present a proposed budget for the chapter each year. Subject to approval by the board and the chapter.
2) Conduct a review of annual expenditures and vouchers.
3) Make an annual report to the state finance chair.
President, Susan Burnett
Past Presidents: Cheryl Barnett, Gail Ward
Duties: Interview prospects, obtain nominee's consent, and present a slate of officers for each biennium.
Immediate Past President (chair), Current President, Past Presidents (last five Bienniums)
Additional Committees and Task Forces:
In addition to your assigned committee, we need your help on these Mu Chapter
Projects. There will be sign up sheets at the September and October meetings.
Program of Work and Yearbook:
Duties: Secure programs for the year, oversee the meeting scheduling, format and publish the chapter yearbook
Chair is the current President, Susan Burnett; Vice President-Sandra Vazquez, Officers and Committee Chairs
Chapter Rules Review
President, Vice President, Parliamentarian, Past Presidents, Secretary, Kathy Flynn, Chair
Photos and Scrapbook: Archives/History: Kathy Flynn
Books for Kids: Gail Ward, Chair, Cheryl Barnett , Martha Ramos, Kathy Flynn, Georgie Suppe', Sharon Thorvaldson
Cookies for Teachers at Testing Time: Cheryl Barnett / Susan Burnett --Co-chairs
*Web manager: Kathy Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org last updated August, 2018